Sunday, April 6, 2008

North vs South

Well I just got back to Sinying after spending the last 6 days in Taipei. It rained most of my stay in Taipei, but it was a very nice trip. Jennifer (one of my students) was my tour guide for the entire trip, her wonderful family opened their home to me. I was treated as one of her family and loved it. Jennifer's Aunt is married to a Texan named Leroy, he was in Taipei on business so we met up with him on Friday, and ran around a while. Leroy was a great guy, he treated us to lunch at Jake's some pretty good Mexican food, with really good margarita's. After lunch we went to the American Club, very ritzy, with a well stocked bar that I took advantage of for a Bailey's and Coffee. Taipei is a really great city, but I prefer here in the south. Cheaper living without all the crowds, and mayhem. I travelled all over the Taipei area, and saw some cool things. Didn't take very many pictures due to the rain, but will post what I did take on my photobook, and put a link up in another post. Well that's enough for now, I miss you all and will talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Jake said...

Southern Taiwan sounds amazing already, quiet, un crowded, I can't wait to go!!

Jake A.