Friday, April 11, 2008

Bringing the Flavor of the West to the East

Well I decided I would introduce my students to a good old American style BBQ. It was a little hard trying to find steaks, a couple of my students had to look around for a while but finally found a butcher. So we went to the butcher and got 1500NT worth of steaks, which of course my students said was too expensive, which gave us about 30 small steaks. Got some veggies, tea, soda, charcoal, and a couple grills. I had planned on having the BBQ at Swan Lake, but my students had a better location. We had the BBQ behind a 7-11 that was on the way to the Orchid show. It is a very nice picnic area with a covered area so we could stay out of the sun. The steaks were a big hit and about thirty of my students showed up. We had lots of fun eating and chatting away. After the BBQ, some of my students decided to go to the beach and invited me along. It was about a 30 minute ride to the beach but it was a lot of fun. The girls kept trying to splash me, and I would kick a wall of water at them and drench them. A couple of them were digging up little crabs from the beach and playing with them. I would include pictures, but I had too much to carry for the BBQ and couldn't bring my camera along. I miss you all and will talk to you soon.

No comments: