Sunday, March 30, 2008

We all live in a Yellow Submarine.....



Today I had the best sashimi, I have ever tasted in all my life. Probably because it was swimming in the ocean hours before it was put down in front of me. I spent the day in Budai, it has a very famous fish market, well known throughout Taiwan. I snapped some pictures of the fish market but I left my camera in my Scooter and I am too lazy to walk downstairs and get it. So I am posting a photo, from caveman_lee (go check out his photo's, he is pretty talented), that best represent the wonderful sashimi I ate. Not only did I have wonderful sashimi, I was treated to a 8 course meal by one of my students Aunt's. All super fresh seafood, sea bream, prawns, chow mein, chow fun, some kind of small fish that was heavenly and two different types of clams, one in a broth and one in a sauce, amazing food. Budai is about a half hour ride from my apartment. The seafood there is so cheap, Jennifer (my student) bought 6 tuna steaks to take home nice large cuts for 350nt, that's less than 12 dollars. There were so many types of sea life in the market, some fish I have never seen. The only problem is I have no idea what their English name is. Well I am going to end this post I am heading out to the night market for dinner. I miss you all and will talk to you soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi son call your dad.

LalalaLaura said...

That looks so delicious!

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your kind words about my photos. Really enjoy your blog.
Taiwan is really a nice place. Shall explore more in Taiwan next time when I visit there.

Cheers,
Caveman_Lee