Monday, March 3, 2008

Classes Begin

Well I attended my first Mandarin class here today, and it was very laid back. I am in a class with 5 French and one Japanese student. We have class every Monday morning from 0810 - 1000, the class uses a textbook designed to teach Chinese students how to speak to tourists. Tourism is a major industry here in Taiwan. I was given my class schedule today and an Office of my very own, it's way cool. I teach Monday through Thursday so I have a three day weekend every week. The French guys are very cool, they invited me to join them on a trip to the coast this weekend, if they can wait until I finish teaching Thursday, I will probably join them. I was given the choice to teach two different curriculum's this morning and I need to go and read through both of them to see what will be better. But I think I will leave it up to my students, since they will have to purchase whatever book we use, and one of them is expensive here, like $30. I miss you all and will talk to you soon.

No comments: