Monday, March 24, 2008

A Feast for the Senses






I spent my Easter Sunday wandering around the streets of Kaohsiung. After a 1 1/2 train ride I arrived in Kaohsiung. The MRT Kaohsiung's new subway, is free to ride for the first month. It was insane how many people were taking advantage of their new public transportation. I got on the MRT and went to the shopping district, 3 stops away. There were their major department stores, each at least 10 stories high. I went in one store and browsed around for a while, until I made my way to the 14th floor. There I had lunch at a wonderful tea house, where I had some excellent Dim Sum. After a very filling lunch I made my way back to the MRT and travelled to the Love River, there I took a boat down the river to Kaohsiung harbor. I walked around the harbor for a bit and then grabbed a cab and went to Central Park. The shopping around Central Park is amazing, anyone that enjoys shopping would be in heaven. I snapped some pictures of the crowds shopping, I also took a picture of a stores sign, the store was named Marijuana. You have to realize in Taiwan there is no illegal drug culture, mainly due to the fact that they put drug traffickers to death. I also took a few pictures from the boat on Love River. I hope you all enjoy the pictures. The sights and sounds and smells of the shopping district all swirl together to make for a most enjoyable experience. I imagine Harajuku must be something close. Tweeter you would love the stores there, they have many shops from all around the world, and little boutique stores. I miss you all and will talk to you soon.

No comments: