Thursday, February 21, 2008

Yenshui Beehive Festival

As the full moon rose above the small village of Yenshui, crowds of one hundred thousand plus swarmed the streets to celebrate the beehive festival. Walking through the streets pushing my way pass the throngs of people, sometimes barely visible due to the copious amounts of acrid smoke billowing from the fireworks. Explosions rock me from all sides as all types of fireworks are ignited, people are running to and fro trying to find a safe haven from the bottle rockets that zip into the crowd. This is one of the most insane and dangerous activities I have ever witnessed, yet it was so much fun. I had planned on sharing a lot of photographs of the festival, but I made the ultimate rookie photographer move, I forgot to load my memory card. I took it out of the camera last night in Kaohsiung to share the photos of my hotel room. All is not lost however due to the diligence of another foreigner here in Taiwan. Here is a link to some pretty cool photos of the festivities. Yenshui Feng Pao
On another note, the University threw a welcome dinner for me tonight, which was wonderful. I was seated at a table with only beautiful Taiwanese Girls. Can I get a woohooo? I am writing this to all of you from the desk in my new apartment in Sinying City. I got here today and found an apartment and moved in. I have to go to the government so I can open a bank account and get a cell phone out here. I will update that little piece of trivia when I get more information. I am currently dead tired, so I am going to end this diatribe and get some shuteye. Just to let everyone know I am 16 hours ahead of Missouri.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what'd i tell ya. you may well bring back multiple hot, tiny chinese chicks! hahah
love you. The lantern festival looks supernal!